Digital image processing deals with manipulation of digital images through a digital computer. It is a subfield of signals
and systems but focus particularly on images. DIP focuses on developing a computer system that is able to perform processing on an image.
The input of that system is a digital image and the system process that image using efficient algorithms, and gives an image as an output.
The most common example is Adobe Photoshop. It is one of the widely used application for processing digital images.
Since DIP is a subfield of signals and systems , so it would be good if you already have some knowledge about signals and systems , but it is not necessary. But you must have some basic concepts of digital electronics.
Basic understanding of calculus , probability and differential equations is also required for better understanding.
1. A smart phone image processing application for plant disease diagnosis
2. Contrast Enhancement Based on Intrinsic Image Decomposition
3. Features Classification Forest: A Novel Development that is Adaptable to Robust Blind Watermarking Techniques
4. Comments on Steganography Using Reversible Texture Synthesis
5. A robust image watermarking method based on DWT, DCT, and SVDusing a new technique for correction of main geometric attacks
6. Underwater Image Restoration Based on Image Blurriness and Light Absorption
7. Image Forgery Localization via Integrating Tampering Possibility Maps
8. Cartoon and Texture Decomposition based Color Transfer for Fabric Images
9. Enhanced Immense Capacity Reversible Image Hiding with Color Images
10. Predicting the Quality of Fused Long Wave Infrared and Visible Light Images
11. Structure-From-Motion in Spherical Video Using the von Mises-Fisher Distribution
12. Object-based Multiple Foreground Segmentation in RGBD Video